Thursday, October 14, 2010

Determines my steps

Everyday on my way to work I listen to my favorite radio station. Now you may ask which station is that? And that's a valid question. It's probably not the station most of you listen to. It's a station called Klove. Right now they are doing a pledge drive to support their station. They don't have tons of advertising to bring in money. They operate on mainly these donations.

So all this week I have been listening to them encouraging people to donate so they can continue to make a "positive difference" in peoples lives. As they were doing this, one of the host said something that really struck me.

She said, "Whether you are a woman longing to get pregnant, maybe you are wishing that you are your mom had a better relationship, or you are in financial trouble, God has a way of fixing it. When you are in these situations you have a way of obsessing over it. But when you give it to God you realize that he has a much better plan."

Proverbs 16:9 says:
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

She then proceeded to say that she was now three month pregnant, her and her mom had reconnected their relationship, and he husband and her were no longer in financial trouble.

God is good!

I'm sorry that I keep bringing up this same topic. It's something that I have been struggling with. Letting God fully take over my life and leaving everything up to him. I know I'm not the only one who struggles with this, but it feels like it sometime. If you struggle with this too just know that you aren't alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment