Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm goin to the big D and I don't mean Dallas


DIVORCE!

Now don't worry. My Husband and I are very happy together and we will be for another several hundred years. Since I deal primarily in marriage, I thought it might be good to look into the opposite. Did you know that as of a 2009 study that 10.7 americans over the age of 15 are divorced. That's just if you are over the age of 15 not counting whether you have been married or not. And there is a good amount of those people who have probably been divorced more than once. It is safe to say that almost 40% and maybe even climbing up to 50% of marriages end in divorce. If that didn't get ya down, maybe this will. Studies also say that Americans second marriage has a 60% of ending the same way and 73% for third marriages. So why do so many people get divorced these days?

I have asked myself this question several times and I came up with this simple answer. When people enter into marriage they think of divorce as an option of getting out. Divorce cannot even be in your vocabulary when you get married.

I once heard this girl who was sitting behind me in a restaurant. She was talking about her wedding all the little details when I heard her say this, "Oh I don't want that for this wedding, I will save that for my second." She hadn't even said I do yet and she was already talking about divorce.

It's incredible how often people discard the seriousness of marriage.

I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery.
Matthew 19:9

Adultery is number 7 of God's commandments. Is that serious enough for you? Maybe not..

Has not the LORD made them one? in flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth. "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.
Malachi 2:15-16

God says He HATES divorce. Serious enough now?

I am 20 years old and I got married at the age of 19. I have had so many people say that I am too young to be married. Here are some statistics for you:

Divorce Rate in Ages

You can tell me statistics all day long but there is one huge difference between me and that 36.6%. The difference is I don't believe in divorce. Divorce has never been nor will ever be an option for me and my husband. So don't let all those statistics at the beginning discourage you from getting married. Getting married is one of the best things that has happened in my life. All I am saying is don't let divorce be an option in your marriage. Let's beat the statistic!


No comments:

Post a Comment