Wednesday, October 6, 2010

He is in me, with me, and a head of me to lead the way.

I was at work tonight working out in the garden center with another associate who was the door greater out there. We were talking when out of the blue she says to me "Can I ask you a personal question?" Of course I said yes. Strongly she asked me, "Do you believe in God?" It through me a little off guard because most of the people at my work try to prove to me that God is not real. But I quickly reply YES! A smile came a crossed her face as she said, "Me too."

We continued talking about scripture, but there was one thing that she said that stuck out to me. She said, "God is in me, with me, and a head of me to lead the way."

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
Psalm 18:32

Another issue we talked about is my biggest struggle. Worrying. She quoted me this verse:

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall.
Psalms 55:22

It is one that I have heard before, but I definitely needed the reminder. When I got home I looked up some more scripture for things that I have been dealing with. Here are a couple I found:

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11


No comments:

Post a Comment